Description

Or the account of my decline into barbarism (and all of the lovely, mad people who helped me do it).

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Au revoir, 2009!

Haikus to capture my '09. Short and deliciously sweet!

January:
Glasses bow and girls
in sequin dresses snicker
at fresh adventures.

February:
Hot-lipped kisses, gasp!
I sleep alone and devour
warm, foreign phrases.

March:
Silver clouds loom in
dark-eyed nostalgia. Damn!
Tears spew, uncovered.

April:
Sociology:
Rich, white men corrupt the world.
America's dead.

May:
Bare skin against sand
and one sapphire ocean,
too cold to fondle.

June:
Vanilla cigars
pollute the park with candied
teenage rebellion.

July:
He craved that goddess,
but jungles and diamond seas
made her disappear.

August:
A raven-haired girl,
hot from fading summertime,
bathes in newfound pride.

September:
Alabaster men
Tip cups of crystal liquor
and women scurry.

October:
Chinese poetry,
Rain on the fog-stained window,
and I yearn for him.

November:
I flutter in white
as a blue-eyed boy whispers,
"Be mine" and kisses.

December:
Good girls clutch their hearts
in their hands. Fingers loosen
when the belts come off.


No comments:

Post a Comment