Description

Or the account of my decline into barbarism (and all of the lovely, mad people who helped me do it).

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Human Nature

Humans suck. They are a greedy, selfish, disgusting species. Who else hurts and kills others solely for the pleasure of another's suffering? Or to further their own fortune?

I consider myself an escapist. I became a writer because I loathe reality. I'd rather believe people are good, true love reigns, and the impossible is possible. Reality tells me otherwise. It whispers nasty things.

When I start to lose my faith in humanity, there are those people who comfort me when I cry, who buy me pizza on a bad day, who make me smile with a compliment, who sacrifice their time to be with me. I grasp onto these people because they're the most essential evidence of goodness in this terrible, terrible world.

No comments:

Post a Comment