Description

Or the account of my decline into barbarism (and all of the lovely, mad people who helped me do it).

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Pancakes and Happiness

Last night Dylan and I made double chocolate chip banana pancakes for dinner. It was one of those marvelous days where I thought, I couldn't be happier. I had received a reply from my French host family, which consists of a schoolteacher, a father in the "trade of heifer", a 21-year-old girl who studied abroad in Scotland, and a 15-year-old boy who's studying to become a pastry chef.

When I told my mother about the family, she said, "Wait until that boy sees how gorgeous you are. God, he's going to go crazy!"

Ehh, I have an American boyfriend. And I am so happy. I honestly feel like I'm weightless. I have no responsibilities for the next month. I'm just hanging around the apartment, cooking for my boyfriend who thinks Bertolli is gourmet Italian, and enjoying my last few weeks with my roommates. Laughter, sleep, and sugar. It's all so, so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment