Description

Or the account of my decline into barbarism (and all of the lovely, mad people who helped me do it).

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Fireworks

I spent this weekend at the beach with my family. We watched fireworks and felt the sand shift beneath our reclining bodies. I met a blue-eyed Parisian waiter who spoke to me in French.

On another note, I'm feeling a little overwhelmed right now. As the fall semester approaches there are a few things I need to get worked out. It's been hard being productive this summer because I've been vacationing every few weeks. I need to decide if I want to keep my Creative Writing major. If I do, I need to begin the application process, which means I need to really focus on writing daily. However, I'm not sure if that's what I want to do.

In addition, I need to prepare for France in the spring. However, the school site to which I'm applying is in French, so I have to translate the instructions. Ugh. I really don't want to think about all of this right now. I feel like I've lost a lot of my focus this year. My freshman year I was so unhappy but I was incredibly diligent with my schoolwork. Now that I have a social agenda I don't want to do my work. I really don't know what to think. I hope I shape up before school starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment