Description

Or the account of my decline into barbarism (and all of the lovely, mad people who helped me do it).

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Crepes

The night began on a bad note. Emily and I sipped beers and watched a sub-par 90s film. We got drunk on terrible Ingles wine. Later, Sarah joined us. Her friend was having a get-together at the Grove, so we went over. She introduced me, said, "This is her first time drinking in the States!"

They thought I was exotic and proceeded to ask where I was from. I explained I had just returned from Italy. Sarah and Emily disappeared, and I had an intense conversation about world travels with a guy who had been in the Navy. Thirty minutes later, the guys left the apartment, so we had to relocate.

Sarah, Emily, and I wanted food so we traveled to McDonald's, then BK, then IHOP, where I concentrated on eating Nutella crepes and guzzling ice water. It was 1 AM and we were laughing. Emily addressed the waitress as "Hey, girl."

We were obnoxious, but it was kind of nice to finally be that girl who's having fun and not giving a shit.

2 comments: