Description

Or the account of my decline into barbarism (and all of the lovely, mad people who helped me do it).

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Change

I'm utterly baffled. I've had one of the weirdest weeks of my life.

Daniel and I talked for two hours last night via FB. This is strange because we never talked while we were dating. He would not open up to me, so we usually sat in a painfully awkward silence in front of the television screen. I figured this was because we were incompatible. Exhibit A:

I loved reading. He loved television.

I hated sports. He loved them.

I love fashion. He couldn't care less.

I speak French. He took the mandatory Spanish classes.

Within the past 24 hours I've learned that Daniel has stopped watching tv and started reading, is burnt out from watching sports, has donated his old tee shirts and has taken an interest in male fashion, and has been teaching himself French for the past two months. It's the most surreal thing. It's like seeing someone who idolizes you copy your haircut, buy the same clothes, and imitate your speech patterns. It's so strange to see your qualities reflected in another human, especially when that person is your ex-boyfriend.

On top of that, Pierre told me he's not sure if he's gonna make it to Asheville because he can't afford it. I figured this would happen, so I'm not devastated, but I am rather sad. I'll see him in 161 days, if nothing else.

And now my Blackberry is flooded with messages in French from- not one- but two different guys. I think I'm living the American dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment