Description

Or the account of my decline into barbarism (and all of the lovely, mad people who helped me do it).

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

You Only Live Once

Pierre and I are an official couple now. I'll admit, I don't feel much different than when I was single, because he's so far away. It's a very strange sensation, really. To be connected so intimately to someone across the world. It's kinda nice to say I have a French boyfriend though...I won't lie about that. We have two anniversaries due to the time difference too. Kinda cute.

The only thing that sucks is that my dad's really skeptical about the whole situation. He constantly hints that I should be wary, that Pierre could be cheating on me. I don't appreciate the comments. Since we're in a long-distance relationship I can't listen to people's doubts. I have to stay positive or it won't work. The relationship is fragile. But at a basic level I still seek approval from my father, so his skepticism is really bothering me. Then again, I have to remember that my father, while wise, doesn't view relationships the way I do. He's always been more judgmental then me. I think his perspective is a little more cynical than mine. And I'm not just talking about romantic relationships. Friendships as well.

I guess time will tell. I just hope I'm not making an ass out of myself. But, hey, you only live once. I might as well try, right? Besides, everyday we're together I think, Wow. That's one day I've handled a transcontinental relationship, a feat I thought was impossible. But it's working one day at a time. We're doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment